continues to use our tiny church in mighty ways:
Sharon's new book…
Our sister in The Lord
, Sharon Ralph, has
finished and published her first book,
The Missing Peace,
about her journey to inner peace.
“As I took a look at my chaotic, stressful and overwhelming life, I
thought, ‘This is cannot be how life is supposed to be.
There has to be more than this…’”
Missionaries to Haiti…
Our missionaries to Haiti recently
visited the church they planted there a few years ago, which has
grown now to over 600(!) members, many times the size of the parent
church here in Woburn. In the three days that the missionaries were in
Haiti, they had 28 people give their lives to Christ, 5 baptisms, and
2 baby dedications. Photos and videos coming soon.
We are at:
The Blessed of the Lord Church
Three Green Street
Woburn, MA 01801
Tel: (781) 646-8771
Service is Sunday morning from 10:30-12:00, followed by
6/12/22 — Sharon Ralph — “The Salvation Message
Life is short, and eternity is really, really long.
Jam 1:17; Jhn 14:6; Mat 25:31-34, 41, 46; 2Th 1:4-10;
Rom 2:5-10; Rev 19:20; Rev 21:1-8; Mat 10:32-33; Jhn 3:16
Click to View Notes
Link to Zoom Video
220612 - Sharon Ralph - Salvation Message
- God is the one true source and provider.
- The world is not our home; we’re just passing through.
- Death is not our final destination.
- We all have an eternal destination; there is Heaven and Hell.
- Being sick or in pain or hungry or uncomfortable for years is nothing
compared to eternity.
- Consider never being able to eat or drink again, never being comfortable
or at peace, never feeling joy. That means never - eternity.
- Purgatory is not Biblical. Nor is praying loved ones into Heaven after
- The eternal absence of God
- Eternal suffering
- Think about everything that is good, everything that brings you peace,
joy or comfort. These things come from God.
- Jam 1:17 - Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the
Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
- If Hell is the absence of God, then it is the absence of all that is good.
- There is no love in Hell. There is no compassion, beauty, nature, peace,
comfort or healing in Hell. There is no hope in Hell.
- There is no hope for change or relief, no hope to receive God’s grace
or mercy or favor.
- there is nothing in the Bible that suggests that Jesus will give
non-believers in Hell another chance. He’s already been there and already
given us all the chance we need to avoid eternal damnation.
- As Christians, we’re called to tell people about the love of Christ,
not to scare people with visions of Hell, but people do need to know.
- People don’t end up in Hell because they sin - we all sin because
- Jhn 14:6 - Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me.”
- So Jesus is the one and only way to Heaven. Without Jesus, you
can’t get into Heaven.
- We may start out witnessing by saying, “I love you and Jesus does,
too. We both want to see you in Heaven. I care about you so I want to share
with you that having a relationship with Jesus is how you gain the assurance
that you will one day be in Heaven.” We may end up saying, “Are
you listening to me? Do you understand what I’m saying? Without Jesus,
you’re going to Hell.” that further devolves into, “Hell is
real! Suffering for eternity is real! And I’m afraid for you.”
- There’s a lot of focus on the end times these days. It’s in
social media. There are lots of opinions, truths and lies.
- Although it may be difficult to understand, the Bible does give us all the
truths about the end times and how to discern deceit.
- We can know all there is to know about the end times. We can read about
it, research it, discuss it, and watch shows about it. But just knowing about
it will not be enough to save us, keep us safe, or direct us and show us the way.
It’s not enough to know about Jesus, what He did and will do when He returns.
- We need to know Jesus personally. We need to have an intimate relationship
with Him so that we will know what He wants us to do. We need to know His voice
so we can be directed and not mislead.
- It won’t matter how much money, education, connections, resources,
skills or abilities we have. In the end, it all comes down to Jesus.
- Jesus is our salvation, protector, provider, redeemer and guide. That’s
true now, in the end and for eternity.
- Believers have peace that our destination is Heaven. For non-believers,
it’s scary to not know where your destination will be. Non-believers
convince themselves that everyone goes to Heaven.
- Some people believe in a “Purgatory,” where you have a sort
of ‘layover’ on your way to Heaven until you earn enough travel
points to continue on. Purgatory isn’t in the Bible.
The End Times
- Mat 25:31-34 - When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels
with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory.  All the nations will
be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a
shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.  He will put the sheep on his
right and the goats on his left.  Then the King will say to those on his
right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the
kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.’
- Mat 25:41 - Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me,
you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his
- Mat 25:46 - Then they [the goats] will go away to eternal punishment, but
the righteous to eternal life.
- There is only one way that we are righteous, and that is through Jesus Christ.
- 2Th 1:4-10 - Therefore, among God’s churches we boast about your
perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring.
 All this is evidence that God’s judgment is right, and as a result
you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.
 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you  and
give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when
the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.
 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our
Lord Jesus.  They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out
from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power  on the day
he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all
those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony
- We may be suffering now, but it is not eternal.
- May the following NEVER apply to us:
- Rom 2:5-6 - But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart,
you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when
his righteous judgment will be revealed.  God “will give to each person
according to what he has done.”
- Let this instead be our claim:
- 2:7 - To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and
immortality, he will give eternal life.
- May this NOT apply to us:
- 2:8-9 - But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and
follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.  There will be trouble and distress
for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;
- Let this apply to us:
- Rom 2:10 - but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for
the Jew, then for the Gentile.
- Rev 19:20 - But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who
had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had
deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image.
The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.
Now for good news:
- Rev 21:1-8 - Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven
and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. ...
 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or
mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.
- Mat 10:32-33 - Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge
him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown
him before my Father in heaven.
- So don’t be embarrassed to acknowledge Jesus Christ in who He is.
- We would like to think that God comes to us in our last breath and offers
us salvation, but it much better to know for sure that they are going to Heaven.
- Jhn 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- Don’t wait until your last breath or take a chance that a loved one
will be saved at their last breath. Instead, share the Gospel. Share the love
and promises of God. Share what God has done for you.
- We are saved be the grace of God.
1/1/23 — Jonathan Bullock — “Gird Up Your Loins
It's time to “gird up our loins” and prepare ourselves for what God has for us
in 2023 by taking inventory and casting aside the negative habits that hold us back in the Kingdom.
1Pe 1:13-14; 1Co 9:24-27 NIV; Heb 12:1; Jhn 8:36; Mat 11:28; Gal 5:24; 1Co 15:31 NIV
1Ki 18:37-39; 1Ki 18:46 KJV; Psa 20:7; Ecc 9:11
Link to Zoom Video
1/8/23 — Jonathan Bullock — “Hope in a Hopeless World
Irrelevant of how bad a situation gets, we can still turn to Christ as our hope.
Mat 24:6; Deu 32:24; Luk 21:28; Luk 8:40-48 NIV; Heb 6:19; Jam 1:6-8
Link to Zoom Video
1/15/23 — Sharon Ralph — “Child-like Faith
God is your Heavenly Father, and also wants to be your Dad.
Phl 4:9; Phl 4:19; Mat 18:1-4; Isa 55:8-9 NIV; Ecc 3:1; Mat 7:9-11; Eph 6:11
Link to Zoom Video
Watch or Listen to Other Recent Messages...
1/22/23 — David Brown — “The Other Side
Jesus will get you to your “other side” (next step in Spiritual growth), whether there are storms or not.
Mar 4:35; Luk 9:35; Jhn 16:33
Link to Zoom Video