The church accepts the Scriptures as the revealed Will of God, and adopts these Statements of Fundamental Truths and Doctrine.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God
and the revealed will of God. (II Tim. 3:15-17;
I Peter 1:23-25; Heb. 4:12)
- There is one true Godhead
comprised of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
All are co-equal and co-eternal (Matt. 28:19; I John 5:7).
Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, is the second
member of the Godhead (Is. 9:6; John 1:1, 14).
- Man was created in God's image.
By voluntary transgression he fell and his only hope of
redemption is in Jesus Christ, the Son of God
(Gen. 1:26-31, 3:1-7; Rom. 5:12-21).
- Salvation of Man
- Man's only hope of redemption is through the shed blood
of Jesus Christ. On the cross, Jesus Christ became sin and
sickness providing both salvation and healing for all mankind
(Ps. 103:3). This salvation comes by believing in your heart
that God raised Jesus from the dead and confessing with your mouth,
Jesus as Lord (Rom. 3:24; 10:8-10; Eph. 2:8).
- The inward evidence, to the believer, is the direct witness of
the Spirit (Rom. 8:16). The outward evidence to all men is a life
of true holiness and love (I John 3:23; John 13:35).
- Salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ and not by human works;
however, our works are evidence of our faith and will determine
our rewards in eternity
(Acts 16:5; Rom. 10:9-10; 14:10-12;
II Cor. 5:10; Eph. 2:8-9;
Titus 3:5-7; James 2:18).
- Baptism in water is a declaration to the world
that a believer has died with Christ and that they have been raised
with Him to walk in newness of life
(Matt. 28:19; Acts 10:47-48, Rom. 6:4).
- The celebration of the Lord's Supper
by eating of the bread and drinking of the cup in remembrance of
the New Covenant by the Shed Blood of Jesus (I Cor. 11:24-30)
- All believers are entitled to, and should ardently expect and
earnestly seek, the promise of the Father, the Baptism of the Holy
Spirit, according to the command of Jesus Christ. With
this comes the endowment of power for life and service, the
bestowment of gifts and their uses in the work of the ministry: This
experience is distinct from and subsequent to the experience of the
(Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-8; 2:38-39;
10:44-46; 15:7-9; I Cor. 12:1-31).
- The Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit:
The full consummation of the Baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit
is evidenced by the initial physical sign of speaking with other
tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and by the subsequent
manifestation of spiritual power in public testimony and service
(Acts 2:4; 10:44-46; 19:2, 6; 1:8).
- The Church is the Body of Christ
of which each believer is an integral part
(Eph. 1:22; 2:19-22; Heb. 12:23).
- Total Prosperity
- Spiritual (John 3:3, 11; II Cor. 5:17-21; Rom. 10:9-10)
- Mental (II Tim. 1:7; Rom. 12:2, Is. 26:3)
- Physical (Is. 53:4, 5; Matt. 8:17; I Peter 2:24)
- Financial (III John 1:2; Mal. 3:10-11; Luke 6:38)
- Social (Prov. 3:4).
- Blessed Hope:
Jesus is coming again to gather and bring all His Saints to Heaven
(I Cor. 15:51-52; I Thess. 4:16-17).
- Those who have not accepted the redemptive work of Jesus Christ
will suffer eternal separation from the Godhead.
They will burn in the lake of fire (Rev. 20:10-15; 19:20).
- The Millennial Reign of Jesus:
The return of our Lord Jesus Christ with his Saints from Heaven to
rule and reign for one thousand years on earth as the Scripture
promised (Rev. 19:11-16; 20:1-7; II Thess. 1:7).
After this, there will be a new heaven and a new earth
The Blessed of the Lord Church
Three Green Street
Woburn, MA 01801
Tel: (781) 646-8771